The integration exam and the Dutch as a second language state exam are subject to a number of rules. If you do not abide by the rules, you cannot take the exam.
Nt2 State exam
If you are taking the Dutch as a Second Language (Nt2) State exam, go to the rules for the Nt2 exam Link opent externe pagina .
You need to arrive 30 minutes before the start of the integration exam. You will take the exam in an exam center. It must be quiet here. Come to the exam alone. Other people have to wait outside the building. Children are not always quiet. Therefore, do not bring children with you.
Before the integration exam you have to show a valid ID. Otherwise, you cannot take the exam. If you show a false ID, DUO will report you to the police.
- a Dutch passport
- a Dutch ID card
- a Dutch driving license
- a Dutch moped license (driving license AM with photograph)
- a diplomatic passport
- a service passport
- a travel document for foreigners
- a travel document for refugees
- a Dutch residence document (a residence permit type I, II, III or IV)
- a W-card
- an EU, EEA or Swiss ID or passport
- an EU or EEA driving license
- an ID, travel document or driving license from outside the EU/EEA or Switzerland, bearing a sticker from the IND that demonstrates you are permitted to be in the Netherlands (residence sticker)
- a passport from outside the EU/EEA or Switzerland, with a letter from the IND that demonstrates you are permitted to stay in the Netherlands. The letter from the IND can be no more than 6 months old.
An ID must be easily legible.
Integration exam is confidential
You must promise to keep the exam . Before you start the exam, you have to sign a declaration to promise this.
More rules for the integration exam
- You are not permitted to disturb others during the examination.
- You are not permitted to bring anybody into the exam room.
- You are not permitted to bring objects into the examination room. All your belongings must be kept in a locker.
All exam rules can be found in the exam regulations ('examenregelement').