The integration exam and the Dutch as a second language state exam are subject to a number of rules. If you do not abide by the rules, you cannot take the exam.
Nt2 State exam
If you are taking the Dutch as a Second Language (Nt2) State exam, go to the rules for the Nt2 exam (link in Dutch) Link opent externe pagina .
You need to arrive 30 minutes before the start of the integration exam. You will take the exam in an exam center. It must be quiet here. Come to the exam alone. Other people have to wait outside the building. Children are not always quiet. Therefore, do not bring children with you.
Before taking the integration exam you have to show your ID. A DUO employee will ask you for it. Bring a valid ID to the exam. Read below what is considered as a valid ID.
What is a valid ID?
- a Dutch passport
- a Dutch ID card
- a Dutch driving license
- a Dutch moped license (driving license AM with photograph)
- a diplomatic passport
- a service passport
- a travel document for foreigners
- a travel document for refugees
- a valid Dutch residence document (a residence permit type I: 'verblijfsvergunning voor bepaalde tijd regulier', type II: 'verblijfsvergunning voor onbepaalde tijd regulier', type III: 'verblijfsvergunning voor bepaalde tijd asiel', or type IV: 'verblijfsvergunning voor onbepaalde tijd asiel')
- a valid W-card
- a valid EU, EEA or Swiss ID or passport
- a valid EU or EEA driving license
- a valid ID or travel document issued outside the EU/EEA or Switzerland
- a valid passport issued outside the EU/EEA or Switzerland.
No valid ID?
Did you not bring a valid ID to the exam? Or is your ID damaged? If so, you cannot take the exam. You need to register again. If you show a false ID, DUO may report you to the police.
Integration exam is confidential
You must promise to keep the exam . Before you start the exam, you have to sign a declaration to promise this.
More rules for the integration exam
- You are not permitted to disturb others during the examination.
- You are not permitted to bring anybody into the exam room.
- You are not permitted to bring objects into the examination room. All your belongings must be kept in a locker.
All exam rules can be found in the exam regulations ('examenregelement').