Sometimes you do not have to take all integration exams. Or you do not have to take any exams at all.
Taking fewer exams
In these situations you may not have to take all exams:
- During the past year, you worked in the Netherlands for at least 6 months.
- You obtained a Nt2 diploma or certificate (Dutch as a 2nd language state exam).
- You passed the spoken Dutch test (TGN) as part of the basic civic integration exam abroad (BIB).
Taking no exams
In some situations, you may not have to take any exams at all:
- You attended at least 600 hours of a course.
- You have a serious illness or disability.
- You have lived in the Netherlands for at least 10 years, and worked in the Netherlands for at least 5 years.
- Your integration period started before 1 January 2015 and you have a Nt2 diploma (Dutch as a 2nd language state exam).
- You obtained a diploma in the Netherlands. Or you hold a diploma from a programme in Dutch obtained in Belgium or Suriname.
Eligible for AOW (pension)