Only for asylum status holders under the Wi2013
The changes only affect asylum status holders required to integrate under the 2013 civic integration act (Wi2013). Are you required to integrate under the 2021 act (Wi2022)? Or are you a family migrant or other migrant? If so, this information is not for you.
From March 2024
DUO will change its system from March of 2024. The change is temporary. You will not notice any change Mijn Inburgering.
Fines and loans on pause
DUO will pause the collection of certain fines and loans. There are 2 conditions:
- You are an asylum status holder and you are required to integrate under the 2013 act.
- The fine or loan originated on or after 15 March, 2023.
What this means:
- Did you, on or after 15 March 2024, receive a letter with a decision about a fine? The fine remains, but you do not need to pay it yet.
- Did you, on or after 15 March 2024, receive a letter with a decision about a loan with DUO? The loan remains, but you do not need to pay it back yet.
- Did you receive a letter saying ‘vaststelling besluit’ about a fine or loan? And were you still able to object against this decision on or after 15 March 2023? You will get more time to object. DUO will inform you by letter how much extra time you get to file an objection.
Letter in March 2024
DUO will send you a letter in March of 2024. This letter has information about your own situation. In March 2024 there will also be a news item on this website.
DUO understands if you already have questions. But we are not able to answer them yet. Please wait for the letter you will receive in March. DUO will be able to help you better with the information in your own letter.