Cancelling a temporary exemption
Are you studying at VAVO or MBO level 2? If you want to cancel the temporary exemption from the requirement to integrate, you can. You cannot apply for this exemption a second time.
How to cancel a temporary exemption
- Choose the form below that fits your situation. This depends on the act that applies to you: the 2013 or the 2021 civic integration act ('Wi2013' or 'Wi2021').
- Fill out the ‘Verzoek intrekken tijdelijke vrijstelling’ form.
- If you are in VAVO, the school needs to fill out a statement form. This statement form is part of the ‘Verzoek intrekken tijdelijke vrijstelling’ form.
- Send the form to DUO. You will receive an answer from DUO within 8 weeks.
Consequences of cancelling exemption
- You need to complete your civil integration within 3 years.
- You can apply for a loan.
Are you an and are you required to integrate under the 2021 civic integration act ('Wet inburgering 2021')? Then you cannot apply for a loan, even if you cancel the temporary exemption.
Graduated or quit
Did you have a temporary exemption and did you graduate or quit school? You do not have to take action. If you are required to integrate, you will receive a letter from DUO within 8 weeks.